Boho meets a ton of Pampas Grass!

 [object Object]

                                                                                              

Boho meets a ton of Pampas grass!

I've never even heard of Pampas grass before in all my years in the industry. So my first exposure to it was when my bride requested it for her Newport Vineyard wedding.  I looked at some pins on it and I'll admit, I was quite excited.  It's soft feathery texture exuded a boho style and was the perfect color match to her vision of Burgundy and blush. I instantly fell in love. Pampas grass I found out is pretty seasonal, and my bride was able to nail down the perfect season for it to come in fresh.  Turns out you can get it throughout the year but it's dried and it tends sheds a lot. It looks stunning though. Anyway, it was even more exciting to see the Pampas grass come it, it has these great huge stalks on them and a feathery softy silky texture. It was quite enjoyable to work with! It's the little things. Among all this excitement we got to set up our geometric archway at the Vineyard.  

When we arrived, the vineyard was jamming with people, outdoor music and looked like a good time. We had work to do, so we went out where the ceremony site will be and started to work.  In between these two great slabs of standing rock, which reminded me of Stonehenge (not quite as big). We were able to center the Archway and put together the mechanics. The staff started to bring out these great big wine barrels and set up wooden benches for seating.  

While we worked on the site, Golden Scroll Soloist, (a string quartet) arrived and provided soothing music as we continued the set up. (Even florists need soothing music). All and all, Newport Vineyards provides a stunning wedding with their grape vines in the backdrop. The wedding coordinator and staff were excellent to work with and my Brides face was priceless when she saw her bouquet.  Nothing makes me happier then a happy bride :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discover Floral Therapy with Amber's Floral Subscription Program

Why Give flowers on Mother's Day?

Wedding Flower Checklist, Must haves and options for every couple to think about.